Chicken -1 1/2kg
Curd – 2tbsp
Onion (medium) – 3/4kg(sliced lengthwise)
Onion (medium) – 3 nos for frying(sliced lengthwise)
Tomato (medium) – 3 nos(chopped)
Coriander leaves – 1 cup(chopped)
Mint leaves (Pudhina) – 1/2 cup(chopped)
Garam masala – 2 tsp
Pepper powder (black)-1tsp
Red chilly powder – 3 tsp
Grated coconut-1/4 portion of 1
Salt – As reqd
Pineapple-small piece( finely chopped)
Yellow colour-one pinch
Pine apple essence-2drops
Lemon juice -1tsp
Garam masala powder-1tsp
1)Mix all the ingredients for marination along with chicken in a bowl.Keep aside for 1 hour.
2)Wash the rice ..
3) Add cloves,cinnamon,and cardamom to the water and boil it..
4) To the boiling water add rice and allow it to cook(3/4 only)
6)When rice is ¾ th cooked, add ½ tsp ghee and lemon juice into it.
7)Switch off the gas and drain the rice and keep aside.
8)Fry cashew nuts ,raisins and keep that also aside.
9)In a pan fry grated coconut(till light brown)and after that add kasa kasa into it .When it splutter remove from the fire .Keep aside
10) In a kadai heat oil and add sliced big onion(3) and fry till it become golden colour..Drain and keep aside (If u want to increase the speed of frying then fry in good amount of oil)
11) Mix all the fried items( cashew nuts, raisins, coconut ,kasa kasa +onion fry ) together .keep aside
12) Heat dalda or oil in a pan.Fry the marinated chicken pieces ( till 3/4th ) drain and keep aside .
13) Crush small onion,green chilly ,ginger ,garlic together . In a big kadai heat dalda and add this mix and fry it till light brown
14) Then add sliced big onion and sauté till onion turn light brown .Add tomato , chilly powder, garam masala, turmeric powder one by one and sauté well.Then add 1/2cup of mint leaves +coriander leaves +2tsp curd.Stir well.Add pineapple pieces+salt .Add handful of cashew nuts mix (11)..Stir well.
Add fried chicken and small amount of water to this.Mix well and cook till the chicken gets soften . When the gravy appears to be dark brown colour and the chicken get soften turn off the gas …
15) Now have to bake the rice and chicken
Take a big vessel and grease it with ghee..Then in one side of the vessel add the whole chicken and gravy and in the other side pour one layer of rice and to top of that layer add both leaves ,pineapple essence +yellow colour mix(take 1/4cup of water and add pineapple essence and yellow colour and mix),cashew nut mix(11)
Then add another layer of rice..Repeat the process until the rice is finish.In the top layer chicken should be covered by rice and garnish well…Then close the vessel with a tight lid.
Switch on the gas..Take a dosa thattu and place the biriyani vessel on top of that dosa thattu and keep that till 1/2 hours in a very low flame..By that time biriyani will be baked …..Or u can set the oven to 350 degree Celsius and bake for 10 min..If u want u can add boiled egg b4 serving
Serve with salad and pickle